The City of Mississauga is developing a Plan that will shape our transportation system and how we move from today to 2041. This is our chance to plan together for the future of travel on our roads, sidewalks, trails and transit.
Two sessions are being held for members of the Mississauga business community to provide input on the future of transportation in the city. One will be in the southeast end of the city, while the other will be held in the northwest. Details are as follows:
Southeast Business Breakfast
Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 7:30 am to 9:30 am
Carmen Corbasson Community Centre, 1399 Cawthra Road, Mississauga (Petrescure Hall 1)
Northwest Business Breakfast
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 7:30 am to 9:30 am
Meadowvale Community Centre, 6655 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga (Program Room 1)
Mississauga Moves is a City-led initiative to look at all of the ways people and goods get into, out of and around Mississauga today, as well as the different ways they might move in the future. This will form the basis of a Plan that will shape our transportation system from today to 2041. The study is seeking insights on business needs from our transportation system, such as employee and client access, goods delivery, and other aspects of business mobility.
The meetings will be facilitated and allow for interactive discussion amongst participants. Topics for discussion include:
- Challenges and opportunities related to transportation Mississauga;
- Local interests, motivations and barriers relating to travel choices; and
- Potential partners and community champions that can help advance transportation priorities in Mississauga.
For both events, registration/networking begins at 7:30 am. A brief presentation will begin at 8:00, followed by roundtable discussions taking place until 9:30 am.
This meeting is co-hosted with the Mississauga Board of Trade; refreshments will be served.
Latest posts by Jordan Do Rego (see all)
- Innovation4D Blog Series – Suncayr - November 16, 2017
- Innovation 4D Blog Series – AOMS Technologies - November 2, 2017
- We’re Ready to Share Recommendations for the Future of Parking in Mississauga - November 1, 2017