For Executives and Board Members of: For-Profit & Non-Profit Organizations – Large, Medium & Small
Cyber Threats are a wake-up call for all Boards. Such threats pose grave financial, reputational and liability risks to all types of organizations. Cyber Risk mitigation has become a key requirement for any Strategic Plan and Cyber Security needs to be effectively addressed from the back room to the board room.
As a board member or advisor you must be comfortable that your management team is assessing Cyber Risks and that they are capably managing the related technology issues. Boards must know the plans and tools that need to be in place to mitigate risks and manage anticipated security events. Corporate boards and senior executives are accountable for putting the correct defenses and response plans in place to protect themselves and their organizations from liability. In addition, NFP boards and Small or Medium Enterprises may be particularly challenged by Cyber Threats because of their more limited financial and technical resources.
Our moderator and panelists will share their knowledge and experience on how boards and executive leaders can effectively:
• Understand the types of threats facing their organizations
• Satisfy regulatory standards and stakeholder expectations
• Know the risks, mitigate those risks and ensure protection for personal liability
• Establish effective cyber security governance throughout the organization –not just in IT!
• Lead boards & management in partnering with IT to secure organizations
• Learn how to make informed decisions & proactive investments to reduce vulnerabilities
• Share intelligence and adopt best practices to protect against cyber attacks
• Work with outside agencies to defend against malicious or criminal threats
• Prepare and plan for managing a breach should one occur
• Leverage insurance solutions and understand the limitations of D&O policies & provisions
• Take practical actions now to enhance defenses & embed Security into Strategic Plans
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Registration: 3:30 p.m.
Session: 4:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
6:15 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Credit Valley Golf/Country Club
2500 Old Carriage Road 75 Mississauga, Ontario L5C 1Y7
To register online, please visit www.icd.ca/events