We are in a new age of technological advancements where knowledge can literally be found at the tips of your fingers via smartphone, tablet, laptop etc. With technology steadily at a rapid rate, it makes sense that businesses should be doing the same.
One way to keep up with technological advances and trends is to design a website for your business. A website is a quick and efficient way for your clients to get information about your business from the comfort of their own home. It is important to invest time in creating a website for your business because a good website design will attract clients and good content will keep their interest in your business.
A website is considered a valuable marketing tool for your business because:
- It can be reached from virtually anywhere with internet access.
- It can be promoted through likes, posts, and shares on all forms of social media.
- It increases the accessibility of your business. A prospective client can reach your website at any time during the day.
- An online presence can add credibility to your business.
Another important aspect to consider is if you are a business that wants to sell their products online, a website can make those products easily accessible for ordering. Also, by creating a website that allows you to sell products online, you will reach a wider customer base and therefore make more profit.
If you are not sure how to go about creating a website for your business, you’re in luck!
On both Tuesday, April 4 and Tuesday, April 11, 2017 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC) is hosting a two-part series on “Designing a Website for your Business – The Basics” made for beginners.
Over the course of this two-part series, you will learn how to:
- Use free open source website publishing software.
- Create pages on the website publishing software.
- Use basic HTML.
- Import photos, videos and text to your website.
Please Note: Attendees are required to bring their own laptop.
If you are interested in taking this class, pre-registration is required. Space is limited. Registration can be done in one of two ways.
- Visit activemississauga.ca OR
- Visit a Customer Service Centre at your local community centre or on the ground floor of the Mississauga Central Library
Planning to start or grow your business? MBEC can help!
MBEC is your central source for business information, resources and guidance. For information and guidance from business professionals, visit MBEC on the fourth floor of the Mississauga Central Library or online at mississauga.ca/mbec. You can also reach a member of the MBEC team at 905-615-4460 or email at email@example.com
Latest posts by Heidi Brown (see all)
- Mayor’s Small Business Forum highlights Government Services & Programs - November 3, 2017
- Former Starter Company Participant Nominated for the MARTYS - August 24, 2017
- Make Your Pitch Mississauga Winner Joins the Summer Company Program! - August 2, 2017