Public and private sector employers are invited to a free information session on the benefits of hiring people with disabilities on Monday, November 30, 2015.
In support of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD) on Dec 3, the event will inform you about:
- AODA Employment Standards and resources & supports available to comply with this new law in Ontario
- Business benefits of creating accessible workplaces
- Incorrect myths regarding cost of accommodations and hiring of persons with disabilities
- Why and how to hire persons with disabilities
- Strategies and resources to make employment practices accessible and inclusive.
Hear from distinguished speakers:
- Alfred Spencer, Director, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario: ‘Working Towards an Accessible Ontario’
- Bob Stark, Chair, Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities:
- ‘Improving Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities’
- Omaya Rakieh, Senior Global Manager, GSX: ‘Road to Success’
- Jutta Treviranus, Director Inclusive Design, Research Center and G3ICT: ‘Designing for the Present and the Future’
The City of Mississauga, as part of Peel Partners in Accessibility including the Town of Caledon, Region of Peel and City of Brampton, is hosting the event. Details and registration here.