A lot of effort goes into creating your own business, from the idea to the business plan to the actual launch. Once your business is launched and underway, sometimes a common question can be “how can I expand my customer base?”
One way is to consider doing business with the government. All levels of government regularly seek vendors to supply a variety of goods and services. Doing business with the government can be mutually beneficial because you could become a vendor to the government, generate business and the government is able to use your products or services for their needs.
Other benefits of doing business with the government include:
- Adding credibility to your business if you become a vendor of the government;
- Gaining knowledge of the government’s procurement process;
- Building a business relationship with the government.
Do you want to learn how to do business with the government?
On Thursday, March 9, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., the Mississauga Business Enterprise Centre (MBEC) is hosting a FREE seminar on “Doing Business with the Government”. The seminar will be presented by representatives of the federal, provincial, regional and municipal governments.
In this three-hour seminar, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of selling goods and services to the government;
- Security clearance requirements;
- The steps to
- Becoming a supplier
- Registering your company
- Searching for opportunities
- Marketing your product or service
If you are interested in attending this seminar, pre-registration is required. Registration can be done in one of two ways.
- Visit activemississauga.ca OR
- Visit a Customer Service Centre at your local community centre or on the ground floor of the Mississauga Central Library
Planning to start or grow your business? MBEC can help!
MBEC is your central source for business information, resources and guidance. For information and guidance from business professionals, visit MBEC on the fourth floor of the Mississauga Central Library or online at mississauga.ca/mbec. You can also reach a member of the MBEC team at 905-615-4460 or email at email@example.com
Latest posts by Heidi Brown (see all)
- Adrian Arnieri : Fashion Designer Debuts on the Red Carpet - February 15, 2018
- Mayor’s Small Business Forum highlights Government Services & Programs - November 3, 2017
- Former Starter Company Participant Nominated for the MARTYS - August 24, 2017