Attention Potential Employers!
Business Advisory Services (BAS) is a Government of Ontario group that connects with small and medium-size businesses across Ontario. BAS is setting up a Virtual Job Fair with Magnet, a not-for-profit social innovation that addresses unemployment & underemployment of Canadians to help connect people seeking jobs & companies’ that are hiring.
Magnet is much more than a typical job posting website. It is inexpensive and incorporates sophisticated job skill matching capabilities with a number of features as described below. You can use Magnet anytime – not just for this Job Fair.
BAS has learned that upwards of 200 people in the Western GTA will be available over the next six months due to major restructurings at some manufacturing companies. The restructuring companies are involved in consumer electronics manufacturing including electro-mechanical, high speed, digital machine manufacturing for commercial use.
For Potential Employers
- Register by accessing the BAS web landing page bas.magnet.today and follow the instructions. Your posting is matched to qualified Job Seekers who are invited by Magnet to apply.
- When a Job Seeker applies to your job, you are allowed to see a redacted form of their resume and a summary of how their qualifications match your requirements.
- If you want to connect with the Job Seeker, you pay Magnet a $9.99 fee. That’s all you ever pay to connect with this Job Seeker. Even if you do not hire that person today, you can remain connected with them for future opportunities.
- When you post a job, Magnet can search all Job Seekers in the Magnet System for matches. There are over 80,000 Magnet users in Ontario today
For more information on the program, visit magnet.whoplusyou.com/lp/bas.
Latest posts by D'arcy Rahkola (see all)
- Virtual Job Fair – Provided by Government of Ontario - October 11, 2016
- CME Signs Agreement with Economic Developers to better support Manufacturers - June 22, 2016
- In Celebration of Economic Development Week - May 11, 2016